Marc WrobelSenior developer / DevOps
Developer for more than fifteen years, including a decade spent in the field of corporate treasury, I had the opportunity to intervene on all stages of building web and back-end applications. Thanks to these experiences, I acquired a good knowledge of the Java ecosystem, DevOps tools and practices, Linux system administration, as well as a sensitivity to application security.
Rigorous and willing, I value teamwork a lot and I think it is what makes a project a success. I also know how to be a force of proposal when it is necessary and I like to share my knowledge.
I am looking for a senior developer position in a human-sized team in the Paris area. I have mainly developed in Java but I’m not religious about it, so don’t hesitate to contact me!
Career Break (Aug 2022 - Jan 2023)
Family, travel, rest.
Lead developer, Cegid (Jan 2020 — Jul 2022)
As part of an agile team of 4 people, in the field of corporate treasury:
- Development of a new medium-term cash flow forecasting application (architecture, development practices, back-end/front-end development, automation, recruitment and mentoring),
- Team management.
Environment: Java, Spring Boot, Angular, Bootstrap, Keycloak, PostgreSQL, Docker, Ansible, Linux, GitLab CI/CD, Azure DevOps, Scrum.
Senior developer / DevOps, ACA (Jan 2015 — Dec 2019)
As part of a team of 15 people, in the field of corporate treasury:
- Development of a cash flow management software suite used by large companies.
- Automation of the deployment of 30+ Linux servers / 100+ services (Ansible).
- Keep servers and services running and secure.
- Improvement and maintenance of the tools used by the developers / SysOps.
- Mentoring of developers / SysOps.
Environment: Java, Spring, Groovy, Grails, Angular, Bootstrap, PostgreSQL, Docker, Linux, Ansible, GitLab CI/CD, Confluence, Jira.
Developer, Alsyon Technologies (Oct 2011 - Dec 2014)
As part of a team of 10 people, in the field of corporate treasury:
- Development of a cash flow management software suite used by large companies, including:
- features around banking communication (SWIFT certification, FileAct, FIN, EBICS, 3SKey…),
- a solution for managing SEPA mandates and direct debits.
- Migration of the software suite to the SaaS model.
- Maintenance of the tools used by the developers.
Environment: Java, Spring, Groovy, Grails, PostgreSQL, Linux, Bash, Jenkins, Git, Confluence.
Java consultant, Excilys (Apr 2007 - Sep 2011)
Several jobs as a junior Java developer:
- Alsyon Technologies (Apr 2011 - Sep 2011) - Migration of a legacy Delphi software suite to Java.
- Weka (Apr 2010 - Mar 2011) - Development of professional training platforms.
- AOL (Nov 2007 - Mar 2010) - Maintenance of the AOL France Web portal.
- AOL (Jul 2007 - Sep 2007) - Load test of the AOL France Web portal.
- Excilys (Apr 2007 - Jun 2007) - Développement du logiciel de gestion des congés / feuilles de temps.
Environment : Java, Java EE, Spring, Hibernate, HTML, CSS, SQL, Maven, JMeter.
- Master Professionnel ILI, Université d’Artois, Lens (2007),
- Languages: French (native), English (professional).
- Author of www.marcwrobel.fr, a blog where I write down the discoveries made during my tech watch.
- Creator of jbanking, a Java library of utilities to assist with developing banking functionalities.
- Creator of lcc-slack-bot, a Slack bot that automates show notes creation for the french podcast Les Cast Codeurs.
- Contributor to various open source projects, such as endoflife.date or asdf.